San Joaquin County Substance Abuse Service Payment Information
- Unless you have Medi-Cal insurance or an authorized payment agreement, you will be required to make a payment at Central
Intake prior to entering treatment services.
- Medi-Cal may cover treatment fees for outpatient treatment and day treatment services.
- Residential treatment is not covered by Medi-Cal.
- Treatment services may be funded by some referring agencies with an authorized payment agreement.
- Outpatient treatment may be funded by CPS, CalWORKS, or Felony Drug Court.
- Residential treatment may be funded by CPS, CalWORKS, Felony Drug Court , Proposition 36 or Westcare.
- Substance Abuse Services offers discounted treatment for people who cannot afford services in cases where the
yearly family income is between 0 percent and 300 percent of the federal poverty level.
- If you need treatment but don't feel that you can afford it, a financial representative at Central intake will be glad to
work with you. Call (209)468-9600 to speak with a financial counselor. First, it will be determined if you qualify for Medi-Cal
insurance or other third party payments. If not, you may be eligible for financial assistance on a sliding fee scale that's based on income.
- Substance Abuse Services
620 N. Aurora Street, Suite #6
Stockton, CA 95202